Friday, July 25, 2008

Philly to Wildwood



We head out Academy Rd from Grandmom's house and I say, "so which of the 5 ways to the shore do you want to go." Miles says, "Dad, I want to see where you grew up!" Ok so down 95 to the Tacony Palmyra Bridge we go. We cross the bridge and now we are in NJ. 3 seconds latter the car shreks with excitment. OH my ***,, holy **** that's a Rolls Royce/Aston Martin/maserati/Lambourghini Dealership!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen such adoration in my life. First of all that dealership didn't exist when I grew up, and holy cow these guys were screaming bloody murder that I had to stop so they could look at these cars! Sorry boys, the time just wasn't on our side. I'm not sure they would let us just gawk at the cars but frankly I just wanted to get to the shore. But I have to admit, I dont think I have ever seen a car dealership as "rich" as that. And I feel bad for denying them the opportunity to at least check it out. I'm thinking,... Philly and the area I grew up was the blue collar place and who the heck can frequent this place!!! I was just as blown away that a place like that existed at all, in the place that it did (in the town that was a poor town, next to the town I grew up in), as I was at the kids enthusiam to check it. So anyway we didn't stop despite the protestations. Man there wasn't time for that. We had to get to the shore. But we did go through Cinnaminson ( the next town) where I grew up, and we drove by my house. It didn't look anything like my house. We then headed out Lenola road to Moorestown where I recalled from my many, many trips to the shore that you could get on 295 and the get there from here We stopped at a Barnes and Noble so I could check out a map just to make sure I remembered where I was! And we bought a book for Cam and Miles to read. And we hopped on 295 from the book store. A few miles later we saw this














Perenially this was the sign for me that we were on our way to the shore. And if this hasn't been mentioned previously, let me make it clear now, this trip is about me, Dave, and his childhood vacations to the shore. We then saw this sign to 55






And from here 47






To 83 to 9





To the Garden State Parkway




Exit 6










Off the exit you cross the N Wildwood Bridge



Reaching the other side of the bridge:
And finally reaching our home for the week...
More to come....We've already spent one day on the beach and I'm not sure I will ever be able to drag the kids away from it again......A little more of day 1 and all of day 2 to follow tomorrow eve....










No comments: